Skip to main content
Skip to main content.

Self-Help Services

The Trinity Superior Court offers free self-help services, including help filling out forms.

Access to Justice

  • Self-Representation

    You are not required to hire an attorney. Instead, you may choose to represent yourself. This is known as "In Pro Per."

  • Family Law Facilitator

    The Family Law Facilitator is an attorney who can help you represent yourself in child support and family law matters. Any self-represented litigant may request help from the Family Law Facilitator.

  • Family Court Services—Mediator

    Family Court Services (FCS) provides Child Custody Recommending Counseling or Mediation in family law cases when separating or divorcing parents cannot agree on a shared plan for child custody.

Trinity Self-Help Center

The Self-Help Center staff can help you select the proper legal forms and provide instructions for completing and filing them with the court.


The Self-Help Center is located on the main floor of the courthouse. It is currently open on a first-come, first-served basis. Please call Court Services for current hours.

General Information

The Staff at the Self-Help Center is available to impartially help all parties to the case, which means that we may also help the other party in your case. The Center's Staff can help you prepare your own forms and give you general information. The Staff of the Center cannot go with you to court.

The Self-Help Center staff are NOT YOUR LAWYERS. They are neutral persons who do not represent any party. There is no attorney-client relationship between you and the Staff of the Center.

Communications between you and the Staff of the Self-Help Center are not confidential. You should consult with your own attorney if you want personalized advice or strategy, have a confidential conversation, or be represented by an attorney in court. The Staff of the Self-Help Center is not responsible for the outcome of your case.

Some rights cannot be adequately protected without the assistance of an attorney. You should consult with an attorney before attempting to represent yourself with the assistance of the Self-Help Center.

Services Offered at the Center

What We Can Do

  • Give you information and help you understand your legal options.
  • Give you tools to represent yourself in Court.
  • Show you how to fill out the legal forms, follow court procedures, and find resources.

What We Cannot Do

  • Help with criminal cases, immigration, bankruptcy, and general civil appeals.
  • Act as your lawyer. There is no attorney-client relationship.
  • Go with you to Court, or speak to a Judge for you.
  • If you already have an attorney, the Self Help Center cannot assist you.*

    *Does not apply to settlement services.

Was this helpful?

This question is for testing whether or not you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions.